The Consultation and Patch Test
- After we have discussed your medical history, concerns and any questions we will assess the area and shave prior to treatment. Shaving is crucial for an effective result.
- We mark the area with a red marker.
- A gel is applied to the skin to aid light absorption and protect the skin from the heat of treatment.
- The therapist will then determine the correct energy settings and the treatment is performed.
It is important that before receiving the IPL treatment you follow the recommended guidelines on the area to be treated
30 days before the treatment…
- Do not use sun-beds and do not sun bathe
- Do not use self tanning creams
- Do not wax, thread or tweeze hair from the area
- Do not have electrolysis on the area
- Do not use depilatory creams or bleach the area
POST TREATMENT CARE
After the IPL treatment, it is common for the area to feel slightly warm. It is also common to experience some redness, local swelling and mild tenderness. These symptoms may appear immediately or a few days after treatment. The use of 100% Aloe Vera gel is recommended directly after treatment and for a few days if necessary.
For 30 days after treatment…
- You should avoid exposure to UV light, sun bed/tan
- SPF 30-50 should be applied when outside. Excessive exposure can cause hypo or hyper pigmentation of the skin.
- An ice cold compress can be applied if the area feels hot or uncomfortable.
- You can shave or exfoliate the area 4 days after the treatment to encourage the hairs to shed.
Patient / Services User Guide
The Lime Tree beauty clinic uses Ellipse Super Light IPL. This system can be used for a number of treatments including Hair Removal, Skin Rejuvenation, Thread Vein, Acne and Age Defense treatments. We do not treat clients with the Ellipse Super Light IPL who are under 18 years of age.
All clients are fully assessed for suitability prior to treatment. Our therapists are fully trained and certified in the use of the system and in the treatments which they perform. All information given during consultations remains confidential.
Should you have any comments, suggestions or complaints please raise these initially with your therapist. If you are unsatisfied you may send your comments in writing to: The Registered Manager is Jo Porter at The Lime Tree Beauty Clinic, 122 High Street, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1DJ.
Please note that we do have wheelchair access.
Privacy and Dignity of Clients
All consultations prior to treatment are undertaken in a private environment where our clients can feel secure while discussing personal matters. Clients are permitted to change in private when preparing for treatments.
Please note that we require 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment otherwise payment will be chargeable in full.
Please note that we offer a ‘no refund’ policy.